11 Best Digital Marketing Tools [And How to Use Them]
Did you know: Gary Vaynerchuk grew his family business from $3 million to $60 million in less than 5 years, all via online marketing? Yep, that’s how powerful digital marketing is.
Want to unlock the power of digital marketing, and use digital marketing to drive more traffic, leads, and sales for your brand? The first thing you’ll have to do is assemble your “war chest” of digital marketing tools.
In this blog post, we share the 10 best digital tools, and discuss how you can use them to improve your digital strategy. As you’ll come to see, there are digital marketing tools for just about anything, and you can use these tools to streamline every part of your workflow, especially if you’re a content creator. (planning, creating content, and executing).
Alright, let’s jump right in!
11 Best Digital Marketing Tools
1. Lumen5 for Video Creation
According to BuzzSumo, video is the best performing content type on Facebook. More specifically: video posts drive as much as 59% more engagement than other types of posts.
Want to invest in a video tool? One of the most reputable tools in the space is Lumen5; this tool allows marketers to create, publish, and share videos on social networks without any hassle.
With Lumen5, you can create professional videos for your social channels in a matter of minutes. No technical training required. No video editing skills needed. You don’t even need a camera!
Lumen5 Key Features
Lumen5 is a great option for video marketers, or any marketer who wants to tap into the power of video. Here are some of Lumen5’s best features:
- A simple slide-based interface which you can use to create stunning videos in no time.
- Multiple themes that help you create videos quickly.
- Huge library of visual assets including videos, images, soundtracks, etc.
- Allows you to convert your blog posts into videos.
- Uses artificial intelligence to determine scene length, text positioning, and keyword highlighting.
- Allows you to customize your videos to match your brand.
- Videos are automatically sized to fit the social networking platforms of your choice.
- Allows you to publish videos to social networks.
- Cost-effective; the free plan lets you use Lumen5 forever.
Impressed? Give Lumen5 a try.
2. Designer for Graphics
Next on our list of best digital marketing tools is Desygner, a graphic designing tool developed for marketers without design backgrounds. If your existing images, creatives and assets aren’t as aesthetically appealing as you’d like, go ahead and use Desygner to craft beautiful content to post online.
Desygner Key Features
The key features of Desygner include:
- 3-in-1 tool that lets you create designs, logos, and edit PDFs.
- Comes with a simple drag-and-drop design editor.
- Comes with numerous templates for social posts, logos, banner ads, flyers, social covers, and more.
- Comes with thousands of icons, shapes, fonts, banners, images, and other design elements that you can use to customize your graphics.
- Allows you to integrate your social accounts and publish images without downloading them.
- Allows you to resize and edit images with a few clicks.
- Allows you to create a brand kit, and use this to customize all your graphics.
The best Desygner alternatives include:
3. Trello for Content Calendar
If you don’t use a content calendar to coordinate your social media posts, you’re doing it wrong. A content calendar gives you a high-level overview of your posts, and shows you when to publish, what to publish, and where to publish.
To create a content calendar, we recommend you use Trello, which is a project management tool. Trello might not be marketed as a content calendar tool, but it’s versatile and feature-rich, and this makes it an excellent platform for content calendars.
Trello Key Features
Here are some of Trello’s best features:
- Allows you to create boards, lists, and cards with extreme ease.
- Allows you to use labels to categorize different tasks (eg planning, scheduling, drafting, and publishing of posts).
- Comes with a calendar view that lets you look at the editorial calendar across an entire month.
- Allows you to invite your team and assign tasks.
- Allows you to automate simple tasks.
Here are some of the Trello alternatives that you can use to create a content calendar:
4. Post Planner for Content Planning
On top of using a tool to plan your content calendar, you might also want to look for a tool that helps you identify the best content to schedule and publish. Enter Post Planner, which helps you find, plan, and publish the best content.
Post Planner Key Features
The best Post Planner features include:
- Allows you to find best-performing content on the internet based on a seed keyword.
- Allows you to identify content that is already doing well to get ideas for your content calendar.
- Comes with a powerful schedule feature that publishes content automatically on the selected date and time.
- Comes with a recycle feature that lets you re-share your own best-performing posts.
- Comes with a team feature that lets you add your social media team for communication and collaboration.
- Automatically measures the performance of your posts and tracks key metrics (likes, shares, comments, etc).
Post Planner Alternatives
Don’t think Post Planner is a good fit? Here are some alternatives you can check out:
5. Quuu for Content Curation
As any marketer worth their salt will know, if you keep promoting your brand and posting about your brand on social media, this will only serve to turn off your customers.
Bearing this in mind, it’s important to post a mix of content. Here, statistics show that leading marketers use a variety of created and curated content (65% and 25%) to increase engagement, authority, and credibility.
Now, one of the best digital marketing tools that you can use to find the best curated content is Quuu. This tool is simple and intuitive to use, and allows you to find and publish content on multiple social channels.
Quuu Key Features
Here is an overview of what Quuu has to offer:
- Lets you find the best content on the internet based on specific topics.
- Lets you choose from over 500 interest categories.
- Integrates with Buffer and Hootsuite, so that you can schedule posts from within your Quuu dashboard.
Here are some of the best Quuu alternatives:
6. Sprout Social for Social Media Management
Sprout Social is a great tool that helps you with social media management, analytics, and collaboration. If you need some help with optimizing your social campaigns, and generating more insights from said campaigns, Sprout Social will definitely be up your alley.
Sprout Social Key Features
Here’s what you get with Sprout Social:
- A multi-purpose social media management tool that takes care of planning, publishing, and analytics.
- Comes with a single inbox for all your social media accounts; this lets you access all your notifications in a single place.
- Allows you to link your social media accounts and schedule posts.
- Allows you to create, monitor, prioritize, and manage your social media marketing campaigns.
- Allows you to integrate your account with your existing CRM.
- Comes with a powerful analytics dashboard that lets you measure your campaigns and boost your social media optimization efforts.
Sprout Social Alternatives
Here are some Sprout Social alternatives:
7. Viral Content Bee for Promotion
Many marketers obsess about creating stunning graphics for social media, or curating the most relevant content – and in doing this, they neglect distribution. Remember: on top of planning, creating, and publishing your social media posts, it’s also important to come up with a strategy for promotion.
Enter Viral Content Bee, a community-based marketing platform where marketers like, share, and comment on other people’s social media posts. Get your marketing team to participate actively on the platform and build networks with fellow marketers, and you’ll see your engagement rates shooting through the roof.
Viral Content Bee Key Features
Here is an overview of Viral Content Bee’s best features:
- Allows you to generate shares, likes, comments, etc. from real people.
- Allows you to (potentially!) have your social posts go viral.
- Comes with a nifty credit system that restricts users from exploiting the platform.
- Supports all the leading social media networks.
Viral Content Bee Alternatives
Here are some of the best Viral Content Bee alternatives:
8. Onalytica for Influencer Marketing
Thinking of experimenting with influencer marketing? Next on our list of the best digital marketing tools is Onalytica, a tool that connects you with influencers who are the best fit for your brand. If you need to generate hype about a new product or promote an upcoming campaign, Onalytica will prove indispensable to you.
Onalytica Key Features
Here are some of Onalytica’s key features:
- Allows you to find the best influencers to promote your content and/or brand.
- Allows you to create and manage influencer marketing campaigns easily.
- Comes with a powerful analytics tool that helps you analyze the influencer community and predict campaign ROI.
- Allows you to track the performance of your influencer campaign, and dive into how each individual influencer performed.
Here are several other tools that you can use to find, target, and connect with influencers for your brand:
9. Bitly for Tracking
It’s essential to track and measure your key metrics, so that you can determine the success of your social media campaigns. How do you do this? Simple – use Bitly, which is a link tracking tool that lets you measure the click through and traffic generated from your various social media campaigns.
Bitly Key Features
Here are Bitly’s key features include:
- Allows you to create shortened links that can be shared across all social networking sites.
- Allows you to create customized CTAs to boost conversions.
- Allows you to analyze link performance and optimize links.
- Allows you to create social media marketing campaigns and manage them from your Bitly dashboard.
- Allows you to update links when necessary.
- Allows you to create branded links to improve brand awareness.
Here are some of the best Bitly alternatives:
10. NetBase for Social Media Analytics
To wrap up our list of the best digital marketing tools, we have NetBase, a social media analytics tool that helps you measure everything ranging from emotions to impact and beyond. All in all, Netbase is a highly powerful tool that marketers rely on to improve the ROI of their social media marketing strategy.
NetBase Key Features
Here is an overview of NetBase’s key features:
- Powered with an artificial intelligence engine that’s engineered to learn and understand customer preferences, interests, and behaviors.
- Allows you to monitor what content your customers love sharing, and what content they dislike.
- Allows you to analyze the usage of emojis and different languages.
- Allows you to measure and compare the performance of owned and earned content on social media.
- Comes with visual analytics that tracks images of your brand.
- Comes with brand monitoring and social listening tools that notify you whenever someone mentions your brand.
Here are a few NetBase alternatives:
11. DashThis for Social Media Reporting
Last but not least in our list of the best digital marketing tools, comes DashThis, a marketing reporting tool that helps you track all your social media analytics data, along with your digital marketing efforts in one good-looking report. With it, you can track not only your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and linkedIn data, but also your SEO, Analytics, and PPC efforts.
DashThis Key Features
Here is an overview of DashThis’ key features:
- 34+ easy-to-connect integrations
- Multi-integration dashboards
- 50+ preset report templates
- 1000+ preset widgets
- Save as template and cloning options
- Simple and intuitive design
- Easy sharing options (PDF, URL, email dispatch)
- Second-to-none customer service
Here are a few DashThis alternatives:
The Best Digital Marketing Tools To Add To Your Toolkit
And there you have it – the 11 best digital marketing tools that you can use to improve upon your marketing strategy!
Now that you have an idea of the available tools, the next step is to confirm your budget, and to sign up for one or more of these tools.
Not sure which tool is right for you? We recommend conducting a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) analysis, and evaluating your existing strategy before you decide on your ideal tool.
For example, say one of your weaknesses is that you only utilize one particular format (eg link posts) on your social media, and this is resulting in poor engagement rates.
If that’s the case, then a possible solution is to start experimenting with different post formats (for example, start posting videos on your Facebook, Instagram, and even LinkedIn account). From here, you might choose to use Lumen5 to create more videos for your video marketing strategy.
Speaking of LinkedIn, be sure to check out our expert guide on using LinkedIn video to boost engagement.
Alright, that’s all we have for you on the topic of the best digital marketing tools. Over to you!